Digital Story Telling Festival
February 2, 2018
Stories from Abroad
Studying abroad provides opportunities for rich varieties of experiences through coursework and cultural immersion. Students often have many stories to share about their personal experiences and development because of their time abroad. One way to share perspectives with other students, friends, family, and educators is through digital storytelling. We want to hear your stories.
You can begin thinking about developing your ‘storyboard’ by collecting photographs and memories even before you leave for your program. Keeping a journal during your time abroad will also help you keep track of ideas, emotions, challenges, and discoveries. The focus of your story can be you or your program. In either case, you are the storyteller sharing an important set of experiences.
This festival will be a juried event with prizes. There will be three classes of competition:
- UIC Faculty led experience
- Semester term experience
- Summer term experience
Format & Requirements
- You may choose the format you like but examples include doing a PowerPoint Presentation or a Prezi. No video, YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
- Use no more than 20 images. In the first image, include your name, term abroad, and country where you studied.
- Narration should be approximately 300 spoken words. Less is more. Let the images collaborate in your storytelling.
- Total presentation should be between 2:45-3:00 minutes in length.
Deadline for submission: January 16th, 2018
How to submit: Upload your digital story through UIC Drop Box at this link
Contact your Study Abroad advisor with any questions.