Faculty & Advisors Heading link
Faculty and advisors are critical to the Study Abroad Office’s mission of increasing access to and participation in study abroad. Students who are encouraged to study abroad by their faculty members and academic advisors are more likely to consider it. Additionally, UIC’s faculty and advisors have opportunities to do more than simply encourage their students to participate; you also have a key role to play in supporting your students in the pursuit of their study abroad goals and you can have a direct hand in the development of programming. We invite you to explore this section of our website to learn how you can engage with the Study Abroad Office and also find resources to assist you with the role you play in helping your students study abroad.
Learn more about UIC Study Abroad Heading link
Subscribe to our Faculty and Staff Listserv! Heading link
Interested in learning about new opportunities and updates from the Study Abroad Office?
Subscribe to our listserv!
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following command in the body of the message (leave the subject blank): subscribe STUDY_ABROAD firstname lastname
- or Email email@example.com and introduce yourself! We will add you to our listserv.
*UIC emails only will be accepted.
What will be included in these communications?
- Professional Development Opportunities for Faculty & Staff
- Global Virtual Exchange Classes (GVEC)
- Info on Developing Faculty-Directed Programs Abroad
- Grant Opportunities
- Site Visits
- Global Collaborations
- Study Abroad Opportunities for Students
- New Study Abroad Programs and International Partnerships
- New Resources
- Scholarship Information
- Upcoming Events