“Studying Abroad gives students the opportunity to not only experience the country, people, and culture which they’re visiting, but it also gives them the opportunity to practice independence while building upon many other aspects of self-development that stem from being plucked from ones daily routines and normal surroundings. Studying abroad is freedom.”SIT Geneva, Switzerland and Wanxiang Fellowship, Hangzhou, China|
Attending a First Step Info Session
First Step Info Sessions are mandatory for all study abroad applicants as a starting point for the application process.
The presentation will review how to select a program that aligns with your academic, personal, and professional goals, the application and course approval processes, financial aid policies, and scholarship opportunities.
- Complete First Step online:
- Attend First Step live via Zoom:
- The presentation will start on time. Late arrivals will not be able to enter the virtual room.
- The session will last approximately 30 minutes during which you will watch an introductory video followed by an open Q&A session with our Study Abroad Advisor.
- Please schedule a First Step Info Session by visiting us on iAdvise. After the session, this Google Form will be shared with you to complete. Only upon submission of this questionnaire, will our office be able to confirm your completion of the First Step Info Session.
- To schedule your First Step Info Session, log on to my.UIC.edu and visit the Advising Tab. Click on iAdvise and you will go to your Success Network. Search for “Study Abroad” in the search bar and select “Study Abroad First Step” to schedule your group appointment with our Study Abroad Advisor.
First Step Info Session Schedule
|Tuesdays 12:30 pm||Wednesdays 2:00 pm||Fridays 11:00 am|